Pages

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Words Fail

    I'm really not a poet or a writer, but one of my goals for the semester is to write more and improve the small skills I have now.  So over the next scattered months I plan on posting some of the things that have been coming out of my mind onto paper. I have no intention of making this publicly known to anyone so if by some odd chance you stumble upon this blog, or are an old friend reminiscing lost things (aka, this blog) then I hope you enjoy what will be posted, and if you have any feed back I would love to hear.  Some of the works will be ones I've heavily revised, others might be first drafts. Enjoy :)



Words fail
They’ll never catch the serenity of music,
the beauty of love,
or the pain of death.
Try as we might,
even those words
that took us hours on hours
to revise and edit,
to shape and form
so as to best describe
these feelings inside:
they will always
be lacking,
they will only ever
describe the outside.
So why bother?
Why even try? 
What’s the point
of writing,
if it only shows a shadow?
Because
that’s just the thing,
that’s the beauty of words:
it gives you a description,
a picture
of what is seen
in the mind.
Although it doesn’t capture the life,
or the true meaning
of those thoughts,
words get as close as they can,
and sometimes
there’s enough power
to change our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment