Pages

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Wonder

Still a rough draft, but I really like how this one's shaping up.




Wonder

Black ice,
clear skies,
biting wind,
and my beating heart.
My hands are numb
but my mind is alive,
as I sit here
on this freezing pavement,

in wonder.

The stars shine
bright,
adoring the earth;
adoring
the created.
And I sit here,
adoring the Creator.

New friends,
with stories as colorful
as the cars I see around me;
as different and unique
as the words spoken
in different languages.
You might not fully
understand
the meaning and depth
behind the words,
but hearing them strung
together
makes a unified whole,
like the yarn
in my sweater that
is thick enough to
keep me warm
but big enough
to make me feel skinny.

These feelings and thought
envelope my mind
and my heart;
capturing,
in just small glimpses
and fragmented
phrases,
the beauty
and genius
that is behind
all that I see.

The night sky.
The cars.
The dorm rooms behind me.
The people
that walk these paths.
The breath
I see in front of me,
frozen
once it’s left
the heat and comfort
of my body.

This is me.
Warm and alive
when in the embrace
of my King.
Frozen and
useless
when drawn out
and vulnerable to
the elements of the world.

Wonder.

A powerful word.
One that makes the soul
sing
when it knows of the beauty
and awe
that wonder
can bring.

Wonder.

That embodiment
of the stars,
of the planets and
of the flowers that
grace the trees,
if even for only
a week
in the start of spring.

Wonder.

This feeling of emptiness.
Not of loneliness,
but of the expectation
of fullness
to come.

Wonder.

Knowing who I am;
not what I was
or am to be,
but who I am
throughout eternity.

His.

Wonder.
Lacking the knowledge
of the fullness
of Him.

Wonder.
The feeling of awe
when the realization
of his grace
that is sufficient for you
becomes a reality.

Wonder.
This feeling
of living beneath the stars,
of feeling the air
upon my bare hands,
and knowing it is
his very breath of life
that keeps this heart
beating.


Wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment