Pages

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Somebody I used to know...

...Yeah, I'm that somebody you used to know.  It's been awhile. What have I been up to? Well...seeing I haven't posted in the past 6 months, that's a loaded question. Where to even begin?
     Things happen, memories are made, jokes are laughed over, you encounter and overcome struggles and hardships, choices have to be made for better or worse, a single day can change everything...all these things and so much more have happened. And yet life goes on.  You can't just dwell in one day, memory or season of your life.  You live the experiences, learn, grow and live some more.  It's how it works.
    In February I had the amazing privilege of meeting my nephew: Charles Philip Robblee. He is the love of my life and he has shown me and taught me, even if just in a very small way, the depth of God's love for me.  Because when I hold him and kiss him I can't even imagine loving someone more then I love him...so how much more can our Heavenly Father love me?




     This summer I had the amazing opportunity to work at Pine Springs Camp as a counselor.  It was a summer of trial and error, love, laughter, living selflessly and learning what it means to truly live as Christ calls us to live.  There were so, so many lessons learned.  I lived in one of the most beautiful groups I could ever ask or imagine.  These were people who were willing to give up their summer to work for very little pay, 22 hours a day, 6 days a week.  They were full of Christ's love, compassion, beauty and peace.  They taught me so much as to what it means to really live a Christian life that shines clear and bright.  They showed me what it means to be a small part of something big instead of trying to be big myself.  They taught me to forgive and accept.  They taught me the importance of accountability and vulnerability.  There is so much this group taught me, and so much that the campers taught me, it can't even be put into words.





     I am now back at Eastern University where I have just, somewhat successfully, lived through a week and a half of training so that I am now a Residence Assistant (RA). I have been amazingly blessed with a wonderful, inspiring and encouraging staff that dream big, live richly and play hard.

    Freshman and transfers moved in today and it was so awesome and humbling to help them.  All day I kept thinking back to this time last year when I was the nervous, excited and already homesick first year.  So much has happened in the past year, so much has changed, and I have been stretched and have grown in so many ways...it is amazing to see how God has worked and I am in awe and humbled by the fact that he is in continual pursuit of me and my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment