Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2012

A little about me...

     Okay, I never do these kinds of things anymore.  But when Quincy nominated me and I read her post, she did such a good job that I was inspired to do it. Plus, it looks like fun!! However, I'm going to be a total poop and not nominate 5 other bloggers or ask new questions. I know, totally selfish. But hey, let's face it. No one read's this blog anyways and I'm totally doing this because I'm tired of homework.
So, here we go. 11 questions that Quincy asked me. (By the way, go check out her blog. It's pretty awesome! http://themovinggirlguide.blogspot.com/)

1. Are there any new years resolution you've intended to keep throughout the years but fail?
I make it a habit to never make new years resolutions. I simply make suggestions for myself.  Which I generally forget the next week anyways. 
2. Is there something you wear on an almost-daily basis?  Depends on the season. These days, my north face. Gotta love it. So cozy and warm and goes with almost anything.
3. What book has made you cry the most? 
Is it sad that I only remember crying in only one book? And that was Uncle Toms Cabin. I can't cry when I want to. I think about crying in a lot of books though...does that count?
4. For what accomplishment are you most proud of?
I have to say I'm really proud of my musical abilities. Although they are no where close to what I want them to be, I put so much effort and time into both viola and piano during highschool and I'm pretty happy with how far I got in both of them. 
5. Opinion on headbands? Ballet flats?
Like them both, but don't look good in either.

6. If salary did not hold you back (and perhaps it doesn't and you're a better person than I am), what would you do with your life?
What I'm going to do anyways, but with a lot less of a fight and struggle. 
7. When was the last time you had that, "wow, I love life and everything is perfect" moment?
I actually have those a lot these days. Last Thursday I got to go serve in a half-way house that I've been to a couple times so far this semester, but that night was especially special and moving.  It really made me feel so grateful and humble for everything I have.

8. What qualities do you admire most in a person?
Genuineness and selflessness
9. Is fair a true synonym for equal?
Good question. No it is not. They are too different things. I could go off more on it, but I'll spare you.
10. If you're from africa, why are you white? …totally kidding. Do you keep a journal? Bahahah! Yes, yes I do keep a journal. I haven't done a good job of writing in it of late however.
11. Quick! yellow or pink? Why? Yellow all the way. Not a pink girl at all and yellow makes me smile. 


And now, I have to list 11 facts about myself.  (Why is everything in 11 on this thing? Sheesh. Such a weird number.)

1.  I love to sleep. Sleep is probably my favorite state of mind.  Every time I wake up I want to cry because I want to sleep forever. This is not even a joke. I usually get over it within an hour of being awake though...life isn't too bad.

2. I love to think, and I like to be challenged and stimulated by thought provoking things. I hate how ignorant I am of a lot of things and it's frustrating that it takes a lot of time to become knowledgeable.

3. I love food. So much. 'Nough said.

4. I think laughing is my favorite workout. And don't tell me it isn't one, because I'm sure the only reason I have any kind of abs is because I laugh a lot.

5. As inconvenient as it can be, I love being short.

6. God has given me an amazing vision and goal that I can't wait to see accomplished. It's been an amazing adventure so far to live it out. 

7.  I truly believe life is beautiful. Dang hard at times, and sometimes really dark, but beautiful all the same. 

8.  I think friendship and community are the greatest gifts that God gave us.

9.  I may or may not have a slight obsession with chocolate...and I may or may not have written a persuasive essay on the benefits of chocolate as my final project in one of my classes.  Yes, I will give out autographed copies if you are interested. 

10.  I have weird quirks that I can't even explain. For example, I will always close cabinet doors and drawers. It bugs me when they're half open.

11. Hugs are truly amazing. Unless they're awkward. Then they're just awkward. 


That's all folks! Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Open cabinet doors and drawers bug me too... :)

    It was fun getting to know you! :)

    P.S. We're having a linkup and if we'd love it if you joined! :)
    That way you leave a link to your blogpost and people know where to find you. :) You're invited!
    http://papaisapreacher.blogspot.com/2012/12/tidbit-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete