Pages

Friday, September 21, 2012

The highs of college life

     So, I know it's been a while since I last posted...but hey, we had no expectations in the beginning of this blog anyways, right? So it's okay if I go two weeks without posting. 
Here are a few highlights that have happened within the past two weeks that I think are very important to share because the people who made these highlights happen are super awesome. ^.^


    First off, I got my first care package ever! Happiest day I've had so far! This package seriously made my week (last week).  It was filled with tea, chocolate, letters from my family, andddd...


 ...that's right. My very own (and first!) pair of rain boots. Naturally it had been raining all week, until I finally got the boots. And then it decided to be amazing weather for the next week. However, this past Tuesday it rained all day, so I was able to wear them a lot. And it was happy. Very, very happy.


 Last Sunday I got to hang out with these awesome people here. Hector and Jodie. They're my...cousins. Once removed. Or maybe my second cousins. We're not really sure. But it doesn't matter. They're awesome, and they took me out to eat (real food! Woot!) and we did some window shopping. It was a lovely afternoon.


 I also got to (finally) meet their daughter, Lexie, which was also nice because I've heard a lot of her, and now I can say I've actually met her.


 There have been several trips to the amazing land of fro-yo (also known as "So Fun! Frozen Yogurt") and those have been lovely, and delicious excursions.


Then, today, my day was made yet again by my lovely Gramma who sent me a box filled with chocolate. It was truly a miracle because the night before me and Britt had just finished my chocolate stash, which I knew would be a huge crisis within the next 12 hours. But hey! God knows our needs, right? And always fulfills them. Living proof right here. I don't think I'll be having a "lack of chocolate" crisis anytime soon.

Also today I recieved two lovely letters and a postcard from friends and family back home. Thank you guys so much. They meant so much to me. It really makes my day to hear from people back home.


And last, but not least, this was what one of the Dove Dark Chocolate (my absolute fave for anyone who might be considering sending me a care package *cough*) wrapper...and yeah. It's true. We'll just leave it at that.


1 comment:

  1. I don't think anyone who gets as much chocolate as you have should be allowed to moan as much as you do on facebook. Your at college, enjoy it, you'll be home soon enough and you'll realize again how annoying your friends and siblings are.

    ReplyDelete