Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I'm in love

   Yeah, I just put that title simply to get your attention again.
Nah, I kid.  I really am in love. With school and life here.  It's awesome.  I have some amazing and thought provoking classes with highly educated and yet encouraging professors.  The homework load really isn't that bad (although everyone complains about it all the time, myself included) and I have had some interesting papers to write.  Which makes it fun :)
  I love the environment of Eastern.  It is very welcoming and is also a really tight community.  At the same time though it's also very diverse.  Lots of people from all different backgrounds, beliefs, countries, hometowns...although, now that I say that, I realize it's not entirely true.  Probably 85% of the people here are from PA or NJ so they all go home on the weekends.  But the rest of us are from farther away, some even foreign exchange students (most of them Asian.) However, it's really cool to see and hear about the places people come from, their different stories and different interests.

  Suffice to say, I love it here. I know this is where I should be right now, and it's so exciting to see how God is working. However, it isn't home.  There's no annoying yet awesome siblings to play with.  No crazy car rides with friends and sisters as we blare Disney princess at top volume.  No home made cookies every other day.  No mother to hug me when I've had a bad day. 
It's sad.  5 more weeks and then I'll come home for the weekend...woot! Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment