Pages

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Hello three day weekend

  Good morning :)

  Oh wait...is it really almost 12? Whoops.  Must have slept in. Yay for the easy college life. I literally do nothing. I go to class, I come back to my dorm and get on the computer and waste a couple hours, then I go to class again, then I go to the caff and eat whether I'm hungry or not, then I come back and do nothing, and then I go to bed. It's blissful.


   Okay, so yeah. I'm exaggerating again. It's not quite as bad as that. I have homework I do (although not a lot...I'm sure that will change quick.) And a few friends that I hang out with (working on getting more...I forgot how long the process is of making friends. So much effort, sheesh.) And me and Brit find ways of entertaining ourselves while having down time in the dorm. Like yesterday, I spent about two hours drawing up a poster of Psalms 19:7-11 which is probably some of my favorite verses in the Bible. Here's the results:


I'm not done. I'm gonna add/color in/I'm-not-really-sure some more to it. But by the time I had done all this I had inhaled so much sharpie scent that I had a pretty bad headache and I figured it'd be best to get some fresh air. So...I'll probably work some more on that today, and we'll see how it turns out.

  Most people love three day weekends. So do I. Most of the time. I'm not so sure about now though. I don't have a car, I have a limited amount of friends (and most of them are going back home for the weekend anyways) and a limited amount of money that I can blow, and homework that I'll have done by this evening. So I'm interested in how I'll fare over the next three days. I'll probably be either banging my head against the wall crying for classes to start again, or I'll be having a blast and have a bunch of new friends. We'll see.
   There are some pretty cool things planned though. First, Shane Claiborne is coming tomorrow and is going to speak during chapel. So stoked for this. (And my apologize to anyone who I told that he was coming Wednesday. I really thought he was. But, apparently, I was wrong. He's coming tomorrow.) If you don't know who he is...well, don't worry. I didn't know who he was a month ago either. And then I read one of his books, "Irresistible Revolution" and my life was changed. Not quite. But sorta...I really admire him though. He is very passionate about a lot of the things that I am, and he's a great inspiration to me. I'd highly recommend reading some of his stuff. 
  The second cool thing is on Monday, when the rest of you will be having barbecues and watching cute little kids walk down the street in your town parade, I'm gonna be at an amusement park. I forget the name of it, but supposedly it's the Six Flags of PA. So that should be fun.
Anyways, I've rambled enough. Sorry if I sent you back to bed. Although not really, you can't go wrong with going back to bed on a Saturday.

Hope you have a fantastic three day weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment