Pages

Sunday, November 7, 2010

so a few post ago I put a picture up of something I was knitting, but I didn't tell you what it was. so here it is, finished.





I hate it. it's too big, the collar came out all wrong, I ran out of yarn while sewing the collar on, and it fits weird. thus, I am going to frog it and make something totally different. why am I sharing this very very depressing news? because it has a moral. knitting is NOT always satisfying. it is 98% of the time, but that other 2% it's not. but it's all good because I already have big plans for what I am now going to make out of this yarn. I hope it works. :)

I meant to post this Friday but never got around to it.




This is what I did all Friday afternoon (after an awesome viola lesson that is) If you have not read this book ("The lost hero" Rick Riordon) I highly suggest you do. It's amazing, along with all the rest of the other Percy Jackson books. (If you haven't read the other Percy books, you should!)

and if you've never had hot chocolate with whipped cream on top, well.... I'm crying for you. go have some now.

4 comments:

  1. awwww, I think it looks adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww... It looks cute!

    I totally agree with the 98% of the time part. I JUST finished 1 of my (what was supposed to be) cabled fingerless glove...
    IT WAS TOO BIG! LIKE WAAY TO BIG! Ribbing didn't even help with the size so I'm still trying to find a use for it. I don't wanna throw it away since It's soo gorgeous (even if it doesn't fit) AND I'd be wasting a whoolleee skein! uuugg.

    My mom said that it could be a water bottle warmer for my dad (since it's soo tall). lol... Have any other suggestions for my cabled Up To Your Elbow fingerless glove?! =\

    ReplyDelete
  3. the 4.0 mug you slipped into the picture was a nice touch. You graduated college and didn't tell anyone I see. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww, well thanks Grace :) but it looks reallllly bad on me haha!
    aww! that's sad Hannah! maybe a leg warmer? or... eh.. i can't think of anything else you could use it for haha!

    haha! Actually that's not mine Caleb. Micah got it for my mom because he is a 4.0 student. i think...

    ReplyDelete