Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Orientation

  Hello. My name is Hannah Ege. I am a poor, sick, hungry, homesick, and very tired college kid. And I haven't even started classes.


  Okay, yeah...maybe it's not bad as all that. I am a little sick, a little tired from lack of sleep (due to sickness...not due to staying up late. Me and my roommate are out by 10:30 most nights, heh.) I am a little hungry come night time due to not having many snacks in my room yet, but you learn to live with that. Plus, that can be quickly changed with a short trip to the grocery store. Thankfully I have tea (thanks Mom!) which has helped muchly with the being sick part.
  Overall I am really enjoying myself.  Making friends, trying out the different food in the caff, learning the campus, having downtime with my roommate (Brittany, for any of you who don't know yet...) that it hasn't left much time for homesickness. Not that I don't miss my family and friends, I'm just not swimming in a puddle of tears each night like I expected. But that's good. I'm realizing that making new friends isn't as hard as I expected. And keeping in touch with the old one's isn't as hard as I expected either. So it's working out.

  A couple things that might be interesting to you; me and Brittany have a HUGE cork board in our room that was there when we first came. And I filled not even half of it with pictures and posters and stuff...so we've decided to post a scripture verse up on an index card each day. It's pretty cool. So if we see a verse that encourages or inspires us throughout the day, we write it up and it's our verse for the day. Hopefully by the end of the year it will be filled. If you wanna share one, that'd be awesome :)
  Uhm. Okay, so that was only one interesting thing. Oh well. I'll come up with more later. I'll also probably be posting some pictures of the campus later, 'cause it's pretty stinking beautiful. However, if you're interested, here's the link to a map of campus. #4 is my dorm. #19 and #17 are where all my classes will be. And #22 is the where the caff is.
  So yes...there you have it. The ramblings of a college student who is pretty bored at the moment. Now to go get some tea and a book.

Classes start tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. I love hearing about your goings on at college. We will send a goodie box soon!

    Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete