Pages

Friday, August 17, 2012

New Beginnings

   Welcome back to my blog! Yes, I've started it up again. I'm off to college where there will be a whole bunch of new beginnings...making new friends, learning new things in school, learning how to live (somewhat) on my own. All that fun jazz. So I figured, might as well give my blog a new start also. That way all my darling friends have an easy way of keeping up with me, new people will hopefully stumble upon it and find something of interest or maybe even worth to read on here, and it will keep me a little entertained. I'm not promising anything, like a post a day, or even once a week...I'll just post whenever I have something worth saying and hopefully that will be often enough to keep some readers.

   So, now for the boring stuff so we're all on the same page. I'm off to Eastern University in St.Davids, PA. So far it seems like a pretty awesome school, but I'll know more about when I get there. It's located 20 minutes (south? west? east? Who knows) of Philly, which is super cool. I've never been in Philly but I've heard lots of good things about it and I mean, common! It's the home of Philly cheese steak grinders! Can't go wrong with that, in my opinion. So I'm super excited to be so near the city...I think there will be much time spent in it.
  I'll be majoring in Early Childhood Education and hopefully in five years be graduating with my Masters and a job in sight. I am so excited for this amazing opportunity that I have! As I've been packing up, ordering textbooks, buying dorm stuff, figuring out the last few financial things, I've been realizing how very, very blessed and privileged I am to have this opportunity to go away and study for five years. Education is something we take for granted in the US (or at least in suburbs of America) and even growing up I always just thought of college as what you do after highschool, no questions asked. (Although...funny story. When I was 10 I told my mom that I wanted to homeschool through college too. What that meant in my little 10-year-old mind was I just got a Horizon book with a big 13 on the front. Yeah, you're a homeschooler if you got that.)
So here I am. An 18-year-old almost-college-student who is trying to pack up all her personal belongings, say some very hard goodbyes (thank God they're not forever), trying to prepare herself for a new way of life, and who is very, very excited to have this amazing opportunity to go learn, grow and make my way in this life.
So. Whether I know you or not; join me. Watch me as I go on this journey. Laugh over my funny stories, hear all my depressing homesickness posts, and pray for me as I follow God's path that He's given me. I'm excited to show you small glimpses of what He'll be teaching me.

No comments:

Post a Comment