Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

Here we go...

    The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
        He makes me lie down in green pastures.
    He leads me beside still waters.
        He restores my soul.
    He leads me in paths of righteousness
        for his name's sake.
    Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
        I will fear no evil,
    for you are with me;
        your rod and your staff,
        they comfort me.
    You prepare a table before me
        in the presence of my enemies;
    you anoint my head with oil;
        my cup overflows.
    Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
        all the days of my life,
    and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD
        forever.
(Psalm 23 ESV)


   This psalm has kept coming to mind this weekend. God is so good. Moving off to college has been a really emotional process for me...and I'm not a very emotional person. But I've come to realize that I'm just not that good with change. Because I don't like the unknown. It's hard to leave your friends that you've known your whole life, or at least all through highschool, and not know if you'll still be friends by the end of college. It's hard to go to a school knowing no one, not knowing the area, not really knowing how to study or do homework, and having no idea if it's worth all the money you are spending. I'm sure every college-bond kid has these doubts to some degree or another. I know I'm not the only one. But that isn't much comfort. 
  God, however, is a huge comfort. Because I know He's always there. I know He's leading me through these next five years. I know He's going to give me friendships and experiences that I could never have guessed at. I know He's going to draw me closer and closer to Himself through these years. And that gets me so excited. 

Today, I read the verse of the day off my iPhone bible app. (I only use it when I don't have my real Bible on hand, and for the verse of the day. I would never replace a real Bible with an app...so lame.)
Isaiah 41:10: "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
One of my favorite verses, and it always happens to turn up when I most need it. God is good. 

   So tomorrow we're going to be up bright and early, head over to the school, unpack, meet my roommate, and a million other things. Then I will sadly have to say goodbye to my family, and the next three days will be filled with orientation and then we tuck down Wednesday and get to business (aka, classes start.) I'm excited. I'm nervous. I'm scared out of my mind. I can't wait for it to start. So many emotions. So many thoughts. But who cares? God is steady, unchanging, comforting, and all together just plain ol' good.

3 comments:

  1. YOU IS GONNA DO AWESOMEEEEEE. I loves you ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're Hannah, so you'll be fine :) Miss you already.

    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love you and are praying for you.
    Knies family

    ReplyDelete